More than mere words: Diet blogger inspires transformation - Lincoln Journal Star

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!

Pam Holmes of Lincoln sent in this note and these pictures of the words that have inspired her.

"There is enough dodgy things that could happen to a person without voluntarily shortening your lifespan with crappy lifestyle choices. And the dawning of the new year has made me particularly sentimental, so I've been thinking of my friends and my family and all the things I want to do with my life ... and I want to take care of myself better. I want to see my grandkiddies and roam the world and be able to ride a bike when I'm an old lady, all the while still eating my greens with my own teeth."

-- Shauna Reid at www.dietgirl.org

Shauna Reid is an Australian living in Scotland with her Scottish hubby. She writes a weight-loss blog and published a memoir based on it. She lost 175 pounds over several years.

I found her whole blog to be very motivational.

This one excerpt is taped to my desk, however. It speaks to me about what I want to do with my life and the reasons I need to be healthy. I often say I want to be able to dance at my 2-year-old granddaughter's wedding.

Shauna's blog about always keeping that incentive in mind has inspired me to lose 183 pounds over the past two years.

My life has changed in ways I never even imagined. I can do normal things and plan for the future again.

04 Sep, 2011


--
Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNGceLibceEWINqnOyGD_a5WF0A7cw&url=http://journalstar.com/article_b06afd9f-df99-5fd8-b413-cfde9d15a6fe.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.