Successful slimmer to open weight loss group - This is Scunthorpe

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!

A mother who shed pounds is setting up her own group to help others in their weight loss effort.

Mother-of-three Teresa Berney, of Broughton, lost 2st 5lbs to take her weight down to 13 st 2 lbs after attending a Slimming World group in Scunthorpe.

Now Teresa has decided to become a slimming consultant and will open up her own group that will start this month at Scawby village hall.

Teresa, 39, said she has struggled with her weight for many years but decided this time would be the last time she decided to lose weight.

"My weight has always been an issue for me but it got to a stage when I thought, this is the last time that I am going to do this.

"The final straw came when I was reduced to tears in the changing rooms of a local clothes shop."

In an attempt to overcome her weight Teresa went to her GP, who suggested she use medication as a way of controlling her weight gain.

"I was toying with whether to take them or not," she said. "I was looking for a miracle cure, but realised that I needed to do this for myself.

"I knew where I needed to go to get all the help, encouragement and friendly support and that was back to Slimming World."

Teresa joined Slimming World again in May and, since then, she says that she has changed her lifestyle for the better.

"The support I received from the group really helped me and I am very grateful for that," she said.

"Since losing weight, I feel fabulous. I still have a way to go on my journey, but I know I will get there and, best of all, I get to do it without calorie counting or going hungry."

It is because of this support that Teresa felt she could give something back to the people that supported her in her weight loss by becoming a Slimming World consultant.

"I now want to help other people in the area with their weight loss journey," she said.

On her new found confidence, Teresa said: "Not only am I undertaking a magnificent role as a Slimming World Consultant, I am also now enrolled on a level 1 Cake Decorating course at College."

Teresa will open her slimming group on Monday, October 24 at Scawby village hall.

For more information, contact Teresa on 07522 752416 or visit www.slimmingworld.com

15 Oct, 2011


--
Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNH5UGii5ulNvCEqtYw3odtMYpEGhw&url=http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/Successful-slimmer-open-weight-loss-group/story-13545982-detail/story.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.