Clair's weight loss transforms her life - Worcester News

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!

Clair's weight loss transforms her life

A SUPER slimmer who turned her life around after shedding more than a third of her body weight made it to the finals of a national competition.

Clair Shipway, of Wychbold, near Droitwich, was one of just 48 women selected from thousands to represent their region at Slimming World's Woman of the Year 2011 competition held at the company's headquarters in Derbyshire.

The 32-year-old was chosen to represent the West Midlands after losing 6st 9.5lbs in just 10 months.

Mrs Shipway joined her local group in October 2010 and slimmed down from 16st 13lb to 10st 3lb.

Her transformation inspired her fellow members to vote her as their representative in the competition and, after winning the regional heat, she secured a place in the national finals.

Although the mum-of-three narrowly missed out on a spot in the final 10, she said she would treasure the experience.

Mrs Shipway said: "It was a fantastic day. It was great to be there and we were made to feel really special.

"I'd tried so many times and so many ways to lose weight before but failed.

"I decided to have one last try and luckily I found the local Slimming World group.

"If ever my motivation started to fade, my consultant and the rest of the group were there to remind me how far I'd come. We talked and laughed a lot.

"Now I'm slimmer and more confident – so much more confident that I swim regularly too, when before I lost the weight I did no exercise at all."


18 Oct, 2011


--
Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNELFMMCmH-mY4zLjX-loTY2qJrTWQ&url=http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/9311441.Clair_s_weight_loss_transforms_her_life/
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.