Dannii Minogue reveals thyroid condition behind dramatic weight loss - Herald Sun

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!

Dannii Minogue said she barely had the strength to lift her son Ethan due to health problems. Picture: Source: Getty Images

SHE was the epitome of a yummy mummy, flaunting a fantastic slimline figure just months after giving birth.

But Dannii Minogue has revealed her tiny frame was down to a thyroid condition that made her lose so much weight she barely had enough strength to pick up her little boy Ethan.

The 39-year-old Australia's Got Talent judge told how she quit the British version of The X Factor to concentrate on motherhood after producers asked her to shuttle between Australia and the UK to film auditions.

She said the stress simply became too much - and also took a toll on her relationship with long-term boyfriend Kris Smith, the father of her 13-month-old son.

"My thyroid stopped working and I had appendicitis," she said.

"Leading up to that I was getting thinner and thinner, and stressing because I didn't know what it was. Normally you put on weight if you have an under-active thyroid. But there is a percentage of people that have it reversed.

"It was very hard to concentrate, you can't sleep and I got very weak. They explain it to you as running a car without petrol."

Minogue said she struggled so much that she "was finding it hard to pick Ethan up and I was thinking. 'I'm a new mum, I know I'm tired, but surely it can't be this hard?'," she said.

"When you've just had a baby you think it must be normal tiredness. But it got to the point where I thought, 'This cannot be normal.' Poor Kris. He was thinking after getting through the pregnancy and the baby that everything would be just fine and he couldn't work out why I wasn't well. It was bloody difficult."

She said her relationship with Smith, 32, is back on track, adding, "We have a bond that's incredible," and said he would like to have a "football team" of children.

It was only just after the star had left hospital that X Factor producers asked her to travel back and forth to Australia every week to film auditions for the UK show.

She stunned them by turning down the judging role she had held for four series - becoming the most successful judge after steering two of her wannabes to win the show in 2007 and 2010.

She admitted: "It was quite shocking for the producers because they were used to me saying 'I'll come here, go there, jump on any plane.' I love the show and I probably wouldn't have been able to make the decision to stop otherwise, but it just had to happen and it was the right time because I need all my strength now to be a mummy."

The star, who recently had her hair chopped into a pixie cut that echoes Audrey Hepburn, said she would like to be a mother again, but added: "Honestly, until I get my health back on track it's not a possibility. Meanwhile, I turn 40 this month... I do see babies and I think 'yummy'."

Minogue said that although she is recovering, and has settled down to life in her hometown of Melbourne, "I feel as if I'm on a curve upwards, but it takes time. My body's been through a lot in the past two years.

"The workload alone would make anyone tired. But factor in jet lag, X Factor, the baby, being ill… But I'm getting there. I can't wait to have the energy to work out again.

She said that while she is a big fan of yoga and pilates, she has not worked out at all. 

"People get angry with me because I'm thinner than before I had a baby and I'm eating cupcakes. I started eating them when I was pregnant. I have to say I also make the world's best carrot cake," she said.

Asked what projects she is looking most forward to, the singer - who has a successful clothing range called Project D - said: "Being well… I've had so many amazing things that I feel lucky about, but being well and enjoying it - that's the most important thing."

10 Oct, 2011


--
Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNGHN-S-KCgMnXpMrSvCE-V-kxEzvQ&url=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/dannii-minogue-reveals-thyroid-condition-behind-dramatic-weight-loss/story-e6frf96o-1226163163639
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

One Response to “Beauty Skin Care Natural”

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.