Review: Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara with curved brush


Price: around $4


The claims:
This mascara conditions as it thickens.
  • Lash-Doubling Formula glides on smooth to build great-looking, smudge-proof lashes
  • Custom curved brush lifts and curls each lash
  • Washable; also available in waterproof formula and washable without curved brush
    How to use:
    Apply mascara from your outer lash to inner lash, sweeping brush slowly from root to tip. Do not let dry between coats. Removes easily with Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. 

    Pros:
    • glides on smooth on lashes
    • beautifully curls lashes
    • doesn't smudge
    • doesn't flake
    • lasts all day

    Cons:
    • not buildable
    • clumps after 2 coats
    • doesn't lenghten lashes as much as I wanted
    • doesn't really volumize lashes 
    • the brush doesn't really gripes lashes and it makes it hard to coat each lashes


    What I think:
    I had higher hopes about this mascara - even if I'm not a fan of curved brushwa - but it just doesn't work. It does nothing for my lashes. Yes, they are a little lengthened and curled, but after using Lash Stiletto for some months, I wanted a mascara that coul achieve the same results, and this one doesn't do this. I didn't see results before applying like 3 coats - no to mention that this mascara horribly clumps after the second coat -_- It's also not really buildable as it is so "wet".



    My bare lashes:




    With 3 coats of mascara:



    I know, it doesn't look that bad, but trust me, it's a mess to work with, and I really don't have 15 minutes on my hands only to apply mascara!


    Some more pictures:



    It does provides curled lashes, but that's all.


    Closer look at the brush:



    Available colors: Blackest Black 00, Very Black 01, Soft Black 05, Brownish Black 02


    Recommend? no

    Rating: ★★


    Category Article ,

    What's on Your Mind...

    Powered by Blogger.