Moonlight Seduction FOTD


Hi everyone,

Purple is the new neutral, that's what they said. Recently, I browsed the web and saw this look that Michelle Phan did called "Moonlight Seduction". After watching the video for about 4 times, I realized I have the stuff to do this look and set forth to do it.

My Moonlight Seduction look
 I made a few modifications since my 88 palette is not similar to the one Michelle used in her tutorial. Overall, it was a relatively easy look and Michelle's instructions were clear enough for me to follow.

Another picture of the look. This one shows the eye makeup better
 Want to know how to do it? Jump!
First of all, please take a look at the video:


Stuff I used:
  • Eyes: MAC Bare Canvas paint pot and Black Track gel liner, Coastal Scents 88 color palette, Fantasy Makers Sumptuous eyeshadow duo, Victoria's Secret Pink Gleam chubby eye stick, Voluminous mascara, eyebrow pencil, ELF eyeshadow brush, MAC 217, 219 brushes, EcoTools crease brush, Loew-Cornell 1/4' Maxine's mop brush
  • Face: The Ultimate Powder, mineral foundation, concealer, NYC creme blush in Wild Berries, concealer brush, various flat top and kabuki brushes
  • Lips: Urban Decay XXX Shin lip gloss in Quickie




Eyes

For those who have the same 88 palette as mine, the those are the colors I used on this look
#1: on the eyelid, #2 to highlight, #3 to layer over #1 (I can't find a good purple in this palette, but something with a pink tone will do), #4 on the outer v, #5 to emphasize #4, #6 close to the lash line, #7 at the inner corner of your eyes.

Open eye should look like this
Semi-close eye, please don't mind the fuzzy eyebrows

I know I have fuzzy eyebrows, you don't have to be mean to me!
And while we're at it, can I haz cheezburger, pleez?
Another close-up at the look
Overall, this is a relatively complicated look to do. I've never used so many eye colors in one look before. My norm is about 3-4 eye shadows/look. I highly encourage you to watch the YouTube video carefully before you attempt this look. Also, using proper tools is a must. Michelle used something that looked like MAC 217, 219, and Loew-Cornell 1/4' Maxine's mop in her video. These brushes are very useful not just for this look but in a lot of looks. I used EcoTools crease brush to apply the hot pink color as it gives me better precision.

I love the new NYC creme blush very much. It is so pigmented and easy to blend. Also Urban Decay XXX Shine lip gloss is a lot shinier than MAC lip glass but is a lot less sticky. I received it as a gift from my friend Sooji and I really treasure it.

What do you think?

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.