One Dollar Wonder: ELF Plumping Lip Glaze in Baby Doll

Hi everyone,

Once in a while, I'd like to blog about a product that costs only a dollar but works really well. Looking back at all these posts, I realized we should call it "The ELF Section" already. After all, who does dollar products better than Eyes Lips Face?

Normally, I don't buy ELF makeup as much. In order to have a successful haul from ELF, research is the key. It takes a lot of time to determine what to buy since there are so many products from the site and all of them look so tempting. To feel safe, I stick with their brushes but once in a while, I braved up and ordered some makeup.

When I did my research, ELF Plumping Lip Glaze got mixed reviews. However, that did not stop me from buying one in "Baby Doll." Somehow, I'm attracted to sheer pink-coral lip colors and I can't help it. Plus, the discounts and deals ELF usually has made it easier for me to add an extra item to my order.

ELF Plumping Lip Glaze in Baby Doll ($1)
The label
 This lip glaze has two parts: the white iridescent part acts as a primer. You are supposed to use it first as it contains mint that would swell your puckers up.

White part with a doe foot applicator
 Then, you apply the glaze on your lip. You can buy different colors and the glaze is the part that's not the same. That means, if you buy 10 glazes, you get 10 white iridescent primers with mint in it. I guess this explains why I only bought 1 lip glaze that time.

The color glaze. This is Baby Pink under sunlight. It looks more coral.
Under incandescent light, it veers toward pink.
Skin swatch
(L-R): glaze in Baby Pink, incandescent primer
On my lips
Picture was taken indoor. See what I mean about it being more pink under incandescent light?
And now, here are the good and the bad of ELF Plumping Lip Glaze:

The Good:

  • It costs only $1 and is very decent
  • It is not sticky: the glaze feels more like a balm than a gloss. In fact, I think it's between a balm and a gloss. For those who opt for comfortable lip wear, this one is for you.
  • Color is sheer but layerable: Baby Doll just gives me a hint of color. It's one of those "my lips but better" products. In fact, it looks exactly like my natural lip color on a good day :)
  • Does not feel goopy when layered up
  • Lasting power is quite nice: I ate and drank and still felt a hint of glaze on my lips
The Bad:
  • The white primer part stings. Really, really stings: the first time I used it, I almost yelled out some profanity. No, actually, I cursed in all the languages I can speak. Yup, this stuff is made for the thick-skinned people. If you are allergic to mint, run away. This is not for you.
  • It does not shine: this is one of the biggest gripe when I first used it. But again, it is a glaze, not a gloss.
  • The glaze part is quite small: I don't use it a lot but it seems to be half-way gone already. But again, it's only $1. I can't expect a Wonder Woman size lip gloss for it, can I?
  • The number 1 ingredient is paraffidum liquidum: this is mineral oil, which explains why this product is so inexpensive. 
After yelling some profanity the first time I used it, my lips kind of adjusted to the pain. Now, it's mildly irritated for the first 10 minutes or so. After that, the tingling sensation goes away.

Does it make my lips look like the ones on Ms. Angelina Jolie's face?
You judge for yourself. I think my bottom lip swelled up quite nicely. 


Do I have to apply the white part first?
Nope, not really. I got creative one time and put the glaze on first. Then, I dotted the white part to the center of my lips. Kapow! Awesome lush lips. It still stung, though. But I think applying it later makes it less painful.

I think ELF Plumping Lip Glaze is the budget version of DuWop Lip Venom but with a hint of color. Or Bare Escentual Buxom Lips. I tried them all before and they stung like *insert profanity here* (haha!) I think Baby Doll looks similar to Buxom Lips Bunny. Instead of dolling out $18 to get bee sting lips and yell some profanity, I'd go with the ELF Plumping Lip Glaze instead.

Disclaimer: I bought this product.

So, what do you think? Have you tried it before? Please let me know in the comment section, ok?

Photobucket
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.