I'm Into You FOTD

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your lovely encouraging words from the last post. I'm very touched and thankful for your support. Lately, I've been digging the new Jennifer Lopez's music video "I'm Into You." Ms. Lopez is know for her glowing skin. Beside the usual neutral makeup, she had a very interesting futuristic cut the crease look in this music video. I've wanted to do something similar for a very long time and I couldn't wait to get into it.

Now, before we get into the makeup, let's take a look at Ms. Lopez's look. I took some screen shots from the video:


and here's the video:



It doesn't look like what she usually does, which is more of a neutral eye look with bronzy, glowing skin. This is something Lady Gaga and Katy Perry would do but nevertheless, I had a fun time recreating this look. Here's my rendition:


Wanna know how I did it? Jump!
Stuff I used:



The eyes:

Close-up #1 (taken indoor)
Close-up #2 (outdoor)
 What I did:

  • Apply MAC Bare Canvas paint pot all over the eyelid as a base
  • Use L'Oreal eyeliner in Black Shock to outline the eyes. Notice the wing has 2 tails joined together at the end. You probably can't see it since my eyes are very deep set. I had a problem doing it, too. Also, it is a lot easier to use ELF waterproof liquid eyeliner to create the wings.
  • Use the same L'Oreal eyeliner to create the curve on top.
  • To waterproof your makeup, line everything with MAC Blacktrack fluidline.
  • Use a white eyeliner as a secondary base to whiten the area underneath the curve
  • Apply Urban Decay Uzi on top of the white base
  • Line the lower lash line
  • Curl lashes and apply mascara.
Cheeks and Lips


For that J.Lo glow on the cheeks, I used this combination of Puppa Luminys blush #4 and ELF Studio Gotta Glow blush after contouring with Physician's Formula bronzer.

For my lips, I lined the whole lips with NYX lip liner in Natural and applied Yes to Carrots Playful Nude lip gloss on top.

Blooper: this is what happened when you take pictures in the wind :)
I hope you enjoy today's post. It's a surprisingly easy look to do and I had fun with it. So much fun that I forgot I have a cold (ugh!) I'm quite happy with this look, especially when I used minimal amount of foundation (only 1 layer, yes!) My skin has been behaving and I'm thankful for that.

Photobucket
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.