Environmentally-Friendly Floss?! {Review}



I hate flossing my teeth. It's messy, it takes a while, and you need about 3 yards more string to wrap around your hand so you can get a good grip. It's a waste, in my opinion. Toothpicks are OK for those on-the-go moments, but they're not all that effective. Plus, you're just tossing them out when you're done.

Here are a few Fun Dental Facts I found about flossing:

  • 73% of Americans would rather go grocery shopping than floss. Yeah, I do!

  • A toothpick is the item most-often choked on by Americans. Yikes! 

  • Americans spend $2 Billion per year on dental-related products (toothbrushes, mouthwash, floss, etc.)  

  • Commercial floss was first manufactured in 1882

  • The first material floss was made from was silk. Now we're using Gore-Tex!

  • 28% of people say they floss everyday, but it is assumed that some are lying! 

So, what's the alternative to floss and toothpicks? I found it! There is a new product out called the Bryton Pick. It looks kind of like a tiny pocketknife and, in fact, it has paper-thing stainless steel ends. These are what you use to floss with. It's really simple to use:



Now, the really cool thing about this is it's reusable. You can use it once, rinse it off, and put it back into it's neat little carrying case. Oh? I forgot to mention the case, didn't I? Yeah, you can carry this little thing everywhere with you. I know I'm not the only one who has gotten food stuck in my teeth while out and about. No floss. No toothpicks. What do you do? Try your finger - not working. Grab for anything - pen cap, credit card, PAPER CLIP! With the Bryton Pick in your bag, you don't need those thing (dirty and potentially dangerous) to get that annoying piece of popcorn out from between those molars. 



AND, it's environmentally friendly. First, the thing is reusable. But floss is just a piece of string, it can't be that bad for the environment! Think of this - the newest material that floss is made from, Gore-Tex, is similar to plastic. It's not going to break down. The manufacturing of floss uses new materials, including plastics, meaning the byproducts (in the air) and the use of petroleum products is inevitable. Bryton Picks are made with 100% recyclable materials in the US. And, I know I've mentioned it, but they are reusable. I can't stress how important that is to me. I hate single-use anything!





If you want to try them out for yourself, you can find them in almost any store: Meijer, A&P, PathMark, and online: Drugstore.com, Amazon.com, Walgreens.com, etc.



____________________________________________________



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas a Minneapolis SEO and Web Design firm. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.


Category Article , , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.