Cacharel Amor Amor: a Lovely Summer Scent

Hi everyone,

This year, I haven't bought a single bottle of perfume. My perfume stash dwindled down to about 3 scents I love the most. I gave away my stuff before and after moving to Vietnam. However, I still have a new bottle of perfume. Recently, my aunt from Belgium came back home for a visit and gave me a bottle of Cacharel Amor Amor. After experiencing the cloying scent of Cacharel Anais Anais, I was not sure if my love could go to its younger sister. I gave it a try and realized despite our differences, Amor Amor and I can work things out.

Cacharel Amor Amor (comes in 30, 50, and 100ml EDT)
Wanna know what I think about this perfume? Jump!

First of all, here is what Cacharel said about Amor Amor:
The atmosphere is electric as your glances meet. Amor Amor is the trigger: do you dare unleash passion? Sensual vanilla and jasmin mingle with sparkling blackcurrant; let the scent wrap around you both. Instant attraction, instant desire, instant Amor.
Vanilla, jasmine and black currant sound really good to me. I took a sniff and realized this ain't the cloying, heady old-fashioned Anais Anais. This perfume is a light floral scent where all the notes blend well together. Initially, this perfume is very vibrant and flowery. I could detect a touch of jasmine with black currant to give it an edge. Nice but not too oriental. Then, the vanilla scent quickly emerge and the perfume has more edge. As it dries down, vanilla becomes more and more pronounced. Overall, it is a very clean scent. I wear it on hot days and it does not give me a headache.

However, here is a major gripe:

The cap.
Where is it?
Of all the perfume bottles I've ever owned, this is the weirdest. I mean, where is the cap, Cacharel? Where is it? Do you think your bottle is going to stay nice and dandy on my desk forever? Hello, I may take it on a trip and how am I going to store it?

Really, what did they think?

Overall, I like the scent and the red bottle is a nice touch. It is not too bulky. My bottle is a 100ml size, yet it fits comfortably in my hand. For some reasons, the wires and the loop around the neck of the bottle make me think of a grenade. I know this is not similar to Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb but I can't help it. I smelled Flowerbomb before but it was not something I would wear. Amor Amor, on the other hand, is a lot more wearable thanked to the vanilla note.

Would I buy it again? No. This bottle is going to last for a long time. Also, I don't wear the same perfume all the time. Moreover, Amor Amor smells similar to so many floral scents out there. Mariah Carey Lollipop Bling Honey smells a tad more intense but costs you only $20!

Where to buy: department stores, drugstores, and online. This scent is very common.
Price: from somewhere around $35 to $65, depending on the size and where you get it.

So, if you need a soft and sweet summer scent in the floral side, Cacharel Amor Amor is the one for you. It is not overwhelming and wears well in the heat, which is perfect during the hot months. I'm still finding a way to transport it safely during trips. The lack of a cap really bothers me.

What do you think of Amor Amor. Have you every used it? What is your favorite summer scent? I'd love to hear all about it!
Photobucket
P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.