Review: Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express



Price: around $6 - $7


The claims:
  • Patented Spoon brush and Kera-fiber formula instantly build 8x more volume without clumping.
  • Unique flexible wand helps to lift and separate lashes to provide the look of 300% more lashes.
  • Ophthalmologist tested
  • Contact lens safe

How to use:
Hold brush with spoon side against lashes and sweep from root to tip to fill in gaps and coat each lash with Kera-fiber formula. Repeat until false lash look is achieved. Do not let dry between coats.

Pros:
  • lengthens and volumizes lashes
  • easily buildable
  • nicely separate lashes
  • holds a curl with a little help
  • inexpensive

Cons:
  • flakes a little throught the day
  • clumps after 2 coats
  • strong scent
  • I didn't notice a "false lash effect"

What I think:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so look for yourself:

Three coats of mascara on the left eye, and nothing on the right eye:


 

 Three coats of mascara on both eyes:





A closer look at the brush:


 Crappy pictures, I know, but the weather wouldn't cooperate!

And some more pictures of me flaunting my not-so-fake lashes:




First of all, if a false lash effect is really what you are looking for, I would say this mascara is not for you. I'm absolutely not the type of girl who gets suck in by pretty packaging or stupid ads. Case in point:

Do you honestly expected to achieve those lashes? "Maybe she's born with it. Maybe it's false lashes." I mean, come on.

Anyway, I figured out this mascara was too inexpensive to not give it a try. And I honestly haven't been disappointed by many mascaras as I have non-existent lashes, so even the most sucky one will make them stand out, at least a little.

The Falsies gives me amazing lashes, but it doesn't live up to its claims. Yes, it volumized my lashes, but certainly not 8x more, and even less, without clumps!

Another thing I don't get is the wand. A spoon wand? What's that? It's not curved but it's not straight. Does it make a difference? I don't think so. Yes it separates lashes, but I achieved this with a normal brush, too. And it certainly does give me 300% more lashes.

When I said that The Falsies could hold a curl with help, I meant that if you just curl your lashes and then apply the mascara, it won't do. What I like to do (with any mascara, really) after having curled my lashes and applied mascara, is to let in dry a little (but not completely) and then gently push the lashes at the base to "seal" the curl. I don't know if you get what I mean? Curling your lashes after applying mascara could cause them to break, that's why I'm not doing this with a curler. Just a little tip!

Overall, yes I had some rants, but I would definitely recommend this mascara. However, you are warned: don't expect a false lashes look!

Available colors: Blackest Black, Very Black and Brownish Black


Recommend? yes


Rating: ★★★


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.