Belly at Large: Made in China?

Greetings,

"Gimme back that lipstick!" said Mr. Belly, My Makeup Blog's Editor-at-Large

Yo, what's up my home girls? It's Belly time! Last week, my numero uno biggest fanista commented on my post about fake makeup. La McNunu wrote:
I once sent a message to one of the Ebay sellers notifying her that what she's selling in her shop is fake, she had the guts to email me back saying that she's reporting me to Ebay for malicious behaviour! and that her products come from MAC's factory in China, and that they're the colours that did not make their way into the official collection!!
Can you believe that?
McNunu dear,

I, Mr. Belly the cat, can't believe that. It is outrageous! But your comment made me think hard. Did MAC ever make anything in China? Hence, stash raiding time >^.^< Of course, I directed Dao, the human handler, to do all the hard work while I take the full credit, meowhahahaha.

Thanks to Temptalia's supply of MAC makeup to Dao, I was able to track the country of origin of several MAC products. Let's see:

Pigment: Made in the U.S of A, yo!

Glitters: Made in Japan

Nail polish: made in USA again


Lipstick: made in Canada, MAC's motherland

Eyeshadow: Canadian, too!

The paint pot is also Canadian

And so is the lip gloss

The full-size brushes are made in Japan
So, is there anything from MAC labelled "made in China"?
I continued digging hard into the brush stash and Dao was getting very mad. Her brushes are expensive and precious to her. Uh oh, I'd better not getting myself in trouble here!

And here it is, a MAC brush that was made in CHINA!

The special edition brush set is made in China!

I can't get my paws on the mineralize stuff because Dao does not use them since they contain bismuth oxychloride and she is allergic to it. However, I'm sure those stuff are not made in China. Only the SE brush sets are from China, the rest of them come from Japan (mostly brushes), the U.S to the A, and Canada.

So kittens, if you see a non-brush or non-holiday* item from MAC that's labelled "Made in China", chances are it is a fake. (May said she got some lip and eye palettes that were also Made in China, did they come from a holiday collection?)

As a cat, I hate fake stuff and prefer propriety and honesty in my life. How about you? Don't you agree with me?

Sorry for the late post today. Internet was so demeted at Border's and Dao had to move to another location for free wi-fi. I hope you like this post and please subscribe and follow this blog to see moi again.

Peace, love and meow,

Mr. Belly >^.^<

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.