Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods: Let Twilight Fever Begin!

Hello, everybody!

Recently, I've noticed the number of products that have the word "Twilight" increases tremendously. I know vampires are the new black this year but come on, Ghiraldelli Twilight Delight chocolate? Really? If my recollection is correct, Edward Cullen does not eat. So who's going to eat le chocolat? Bella? I don't remember her liking chocolate either so really, what's the point?!


Image courtesy of Twilight Guide

However, the genius people from Bath and Body Works were so smart to name their newest scent from the signature collection "Twilight Woods." I can actually imagine Bella Swan wearing something like this. I got a coupon for a mini-sized product and chose the Twilight Woods spray. In store, I could not smell a thing, despite dousing myself heavily with the eau de toilette spray. Perhaps the store had so many strong scents that this perfume did not get a chance to shine.

From Bath and Body Works website:
Master perfumers have blended apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress to create this hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.
  • Indulge your senses with our exclusive Twilight Woods, a hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.
  • Fragrance Top Notes: Juicy Berry, Sparkling Mandarin, hint of Coconut
  • Fragrance Mid Notes: Creamy Frangipani, Soft Mimosa, Wet Honeysuckle, Wild Freesia, Apricot Nectar
  • Fragrance Base Notes: Oud Wood, Skin Musk Captive, Vanilla Milk, Warm Woods
  • Indulge your senses with our exclusive Twilight Woods, a hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.

From the description that BBW gave, I could imagine this to be a sweet fragrance with a touch of wood. The fruity notes (berry, sparking mandarin, apricot nectar), and floral notes (frangipani, mimosa, honeysuckle, freesia) guarantee it to be a girly fragrance. On top of that, the base notes have skin musk and vanilla milk and I was sure this is going to be sweet. The base notes have oud wood and warm woods, which intrigue me as I've been interested in this woody-floral category ever since I tried Estee Lauder Sensuous.

As I came home, I sprayed a bit of Twilight Woods on my body and waited to see what happened. As predicted, this is a sweet fragrance. (BBW classified it as a "Cuddly" perfume.) My body seems to emanate the vanilla and musk scents more than anything else. I barely smelled the top and mid notes. Also, there is just a touch of woods in there, not enough to satiate my thirst for a woody-floral perfume.

I went a step further to compare it to BBW Sensual Amber, which was my favorite BBW scent. I found out Sensual Amber no longer smells as sexy as I remembered it. It used to have a hint of smokey and leathery kick that drew me into it. Now, it smells kind of bland. Twilight Woods, on the other hand, smells a lot like the Sensual Amber I remembered, but with less kick and more sweetness in it. I wonder if BBW reformulated their scents recently.

With or without "Twilight", the saga, 'Twilight Woods" is going to be a success to BBW. It is very wearable, yet not cheesy, overly sexy, or cheap like the earlier renditions of BBW. Instead, it smells decent and sweet. For those who like to change their perfumes from summer to winter, this sits very well with the cold season. As usual, BBW products are quite affordable (the EDT is $29.50 USD) and if you scout for coupons, you'll get them even cheaper.

What do you think of Twilight Woods? Have you tried it? Do you like it? Give me some comments, ok?

Photobucket

P.S: If you like my blog, please subscribe to my feed. Thanks a lot!


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.