Review : Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lip Plumper

 As you might know, I don't really post much reviews on my blog since I prefer to write them on Chick Advisor, but I like to blog about products that didn't exactly met my expectations to "warn" other bloggers. So today, I'm reviewing Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lip Plumper, that I just started using.


First of all, here's what is claimed on the website:
  • Active stimulating ingredients make lips irresistibly plump… up to 30% more.
  • 3-D shimmer formula gives sheer, lustrous shine. No stickiness!
  • Innovative Sculpting Tip defines and contours to perfection
  • A selection of lip-plumping shades for intensely sensual lips
* This product may cause a tingling sensation which is normal. Discontinue use if you experience excessive discomfort. Do not use on chapped, damaged or sensitive lips.

Now, here's the facts:

This doesn't plump my lips at all - I notice no difference between the softness/plumpness of my lips before and after. I didn't even experienced a little tingling sensation.

This does provide a noticable & lustrous shine, but you have to apply more than one coat for the color to really show up on the lips. Otherwise, it's a really sheer lipgloss.

This product is a bit sticky (not on the lips, but your hair will get stuck in it).

The formula is not long-lasting. This lipgloss last for about one hour on my lips.

This product doesn't have a particular taste or scent.

I like the plastic applicator which is not as messy as spongy ones, & it allows to apply the gloss smoothly.

The casing is very nice & kind of classy.

As said on the website, this product does dry my lips & make them a little itchy, so it may not be a good product for you if you have sensitive lips.

Born With It

Overall, this is a nice lipgloss, though it's a bit expensive for a drugstore lipgloss (that is supposed to be a lip plumper). I'm not a fan of Maybelline lipgloss, and I would not buy it again simply because my lips can't stand it -_-
Product: ★★★
Packaging: ★★★★★

Quality: ★★★
Overall: ★★★★
I bought this product in the shade Born With It because I wanted to try a natural shade, but as I said before, the color is so sheer, you don't really notice it.












The other shades available are Lusciously Spiced, Pouty Passion, Plum Plump, Seductively Nude & Peachy Flush.

TOTD : Petal-pink pretty
Want to look as sexy as a fresh rose for summer? Dot your pink blush in multiple spots for a healthy glow that radiates. Just pick a cream formula, & apply it to the centers of your cheeks & over your lids & your pout. To set everything off, swipe on a glisteing pink lipstick or lipgloss to add a subtle shine. So dreamy!


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.