Product Review: Proactiv Solution (Cleanser, Toner and Treatment)

Thank you for using rssforward.com! This service has been made possible by all our customers. In order to provide a sustainable, best of the breed RSS to Email experience, we've chosen to keep this as a paid subscription service. If you are satisfied with your free trial, please sign-up today. Subscriptions without a plan would soon be removed. Thank you!

Proactiv is one of  famous acne treatment from USA and I've recently bought it in the full set combining: Cleanser, toner and treatment.  Before given any comment, please note that I have oily face and several acnes.  Besides, I tested Proactiv products for 2-3 weeks.

The below is my own comment from the experience with Proactiv. Hope it will be helpful when you're considering an acne skin treatment.

Product claim:

Cleanser

  • soap-free medicated exfoliating cleanser
  • Kills acne-causing bacteria with U.S. prescription-grade benzoyl peroxide (BPO)
  • Ultra-fine micro-crystal BPO penetrates pores fast while being gentle on the skin
  • Tiny, round exfoliating beads gently remove impurities, excess oil and dead skin cells to help prevent clogged pores.

Toner

  • Refreshing alcohol-free toner refines and purifies pores
  • Glycolic acid exfoliates dead skin cells to help keep pores unplugged
  • Botanical-rich formula soothes and hydrates acne-prone skin

Treatment

  • Feather-light, invisible medicated lotion kills acne-causing bacteria
  • Features U.S. prescription-grade benzoyl peroxide (BPO) as an antimicrobial
  • Ultra-fine micro-crystal BPO penetrates pores fast while being gentle on the skin

Product review (my own comment) :

Cleanser

-       It's known that person who has acne should not scrub and most of popular acne cleansers in the market are foam, gel or soap because scrub will make acne worse.  But the Proactiv cleanser has bead although the salesman at the counter said to me that bead was not scrub. 

-       But when I wash my face with Proactiv cleanser very gently same as recommended by the Proactiv customer service, I felt that I was scrubbing my face.  I tested it with my hand and that made me feel so smooth.  However, my hand is not as soft and sensitive as my face.  Therefore, I stop washing with Proactiv cleanser after using 1-2 times. 

Toner

-       I have used several brand-name toners and Proactiv toner is great like advertised: feeling light & gentle, not alcohol. 

Treatment

-       The lotion is light and does not make the face look matt or oily.  It has no smell of alcohol or perfume. 

-       But according to the treatment's ingredient, Proactiv treatment does not have the additional vitamin or stuff nourishing the face.  So I think I can find another better and cheaper treatment or moisturizer for acne or oily skin.

Note :

-       In my own opinion, Proactiv Solution set is too simple treatment: it does not have much efficiency with the acne skin comparing with its expensive price.  At the same price, I can buy the better acne treatment and save my money a lot.

-       I don't think Proactiv improved my skin condition, therefore, I decided to get refund back and buy other skin treatment 

Ingredient:

Cleanser

water (aqua), magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, disodium PEG-12 dimethicone sulfosuccinate, sorbitol, dimethyl isosorbide, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, polyethylene, cetyl esters, anthemis nobilis flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, sodium PCA, xanthan gum, tridecyl trimellitate, propylene glycol, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).

Toner

water (aqua), glycolic acid, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, rosa canina fruit extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium PCA, panthenol, glycerin, propylene glycol, allantoin, polysorbate 20, hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, benzophenone-4, tetrasodium EDTA, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum), blue 1 (CI 42090), yellow 5 (CI 19140).

Treatment

water (aqua), ethoxydiglycol, cyclotetrasiloxane, propylene glycol, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cyclopentasiloxane, panthenol, allantoin, xanthan gum, ceteareth-20, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance (parfum).


12 Sep, 2011


--
Source: http://cactuslover.articlesbase.com/skin-care-articles/product-review-proactiv-solution-cleanser-toner-and-treatment-5207513.html
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.